When selecting a laboratory to fulfill your testing, calibration or measurement needs, you need to be sure that they can supply you with accurate and reliable results.
The technical competence of a laboratory depends on several factors including:
- the qualifications, training, and experience of the staff
- the right equipment – properly calibrated and maintained
- adequate quality assurance procedures
- proper sampling practices
- appropriate testing procedures
- valid test methods
- traceability of measurements to national standards
- accurate recording and reporting procedures
- suitable testing facilities
All these factors contribute to a laboratory being technically competent to do your testing.
In India, the laboratory accreditation and instrument calibration are guided by NABL, the nodal authority, under Govt. of India. An attempt has been taken to give precise and accurate information without altering so many terms and explanation of ISO/IEC/IS.
ILAC(International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation)